DevOps Engineer - APAC
About the Company:
Shardeum is building a layer 1, EVM-based, linearly scalable, smart contract platform that provides low gas fees forever while maintaining true decentralization and solid security through dynamic state sharding. Shardeum aims to be a chain capable of onboarding over a billion people to the crypto revolution, while also democratizing accessibility to decentralization.
Shardeum’s mission is supported by prominent Venture Capitalists in the blockchain space, and we are on track to become one of the most widely used and well known smart contract platforms in blockchain history.
We encourage you to browse our website, Litepaper, Discord and YouTube channel to learn more about the project. You can even try downloading our validator software and joining our Testnet.
We encourage people of all backgrounds and experience levels to apply. Your talent and potential is what matters most to us. Shardeum is committed to creating an inclusive culture.
Shardeum is looking for a world-class DevOps Engineer. This would be the first dedicated DevOps engineer in APAC (we have a USA based team member) to join the Shardeum engineering team, and fundamental to our success in building out a word-class technology & team.
An opportunity to:
- Work with a well funded web 3 startup and have upside in the growth of the project
- Learn and partner with founders who have built companies with 10M+ users, been listed on Forbes 30 under 30 and worked at organizations such as WazirX, NASA, Yahoo, Raytheon and Zynga
- Build and scale a best-in-class DevOps function
- Design and implement the DevOps architecture and automation solutions including but not limited to infrastructure security, automated provisioning, CI/CD pipeline
- Drive for results with continuous improvements on technical skills, architectural thinking and communication efficiency
- At least 5+ years of experience as a DevOps engineer (or equivalent role) working on large-scale projects and architecture
- Familiarity with the core concepts of cloud deployments in AWS, Node.js package management, Dockers and Gitlab automation
- Lead planning, testing, implementation, and management to deliver scalable, maintainable, secure, and stable deployments across our development, testing and production networks
- In-depth experience supporting Linux servers in large environments with over 500 servers, preferably in highly secure and highly available 24/7 environments
- Experience creating CI/CD pipelines from scratch to automate infrastructure provisioning and deploying applications
- Manage and monitor cloud servers across multiple global hosting services and data centers
- Experience with common system administration scripting languages such as bash
- Knowledge of common OS and application level settings to optimize system performance
- Deep troubleshooting expertise to quickly identify server, network, and application issues to remediate issues
What will make you stand out:
- 2+ years of in-house experience within web3/crypto/layer 1 blockchain (or strong interest in the space)
- Familiarity with our tech stack: Node.js, TypeScript, and SQL
- Experience working in a fast paced Startup environment
We are building the infrastructure for Web 3.0. It's going to be a rollercoaster ride but promises to be fun!
About the Founders:
Nischal Shetty: Founder of WazirX, India’s largest crypto exchange with over 10M users and $45B+ trading volume. Prior to WazirX, he built and scaled a social media product called Crowdfire to over 20M users. Previously featured in the Forbes India 30 under 30 list, he is a blockchain evangelist and one of the most notable proponents of crypto in India.
Omar Syed: Omar is a blockchain architect with over 30 years of experience in helping organizations such as NASA, Yahoo, Zynga build fault-tolerant, distributed systems. Omar holds a B.S. and M.S. from Case Western Reserve University with specialization in Artificial Intelligence.