Internal Audit Director
Who We Are
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Internal Audit Director to join our global Internal Audit team. In this critical role, you will provide expert guidance and leadership coordinating audit activities across the EMEA region, including the periodic risk assessment, internal audit planning, audit execution and reporting of audit results. Reporting to the global Head of Internal Audit, you will be pivotal in ensuring a sound foundation of the EMEA entities from the third line of defense perspective. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in internal auditing within the virtual assets or fintech industries and possess a comprehensive understanding of blockchain technology and its associated risks.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Assist in the development and execution of risk-based internal audit plans.
- Assist in developing and executing a comprehensive audit strategy aligned with the organization’s objectives and internal audit professional standards within the EMEA region.
- Holding walkthroughs and other meetings with internal stakeholders to understand databases, operating systems, applications, internal controls, and areas of risk.
- Responsible for mapping processes and confirming design effectiveness of internal controls.
- Responsible for reviewing documents, executing testing, documenting workpapers and drafting reports.
- Prepare or review detailed audit reports that clearly communicate findings, recommendations, and action plans intended for senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Monitor and follow-up with management on the remediation of audit issues and the implementation of audit recommendations.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, regulatory changes, and emerging risks in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space to ensure audit processes remain relevant and effective.
- Assist in responding to external auditors' requests and inquiries, ensuring a smooth and efficient external audit process.
- Foster strong working relationships with key stakeholders and provide expert guidance and education on audit matters to various business units and departments.
What We Look For In You
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or a related field; a master's degree and professional certification (e.g., CPA, CIA, CISA, or CISSP) will be preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of internal audit experience and 5 years in a supervisory or managerial role, preferably within the cryptocurrency, technology, fintech, or financial services sectors.
- Broad audit exposure across various areas including IT, finance, operations and compliance.
- Working knowledge of cryptocurrency exchange operations, blockchain technology and wallet infrastructure.
- Proven experience in leading audit engagements, managing audit teams, and delivering high-quality audit reports and recommendations.
- In-depth knowledge of internal audit methodology, internal audit standards, risk assessment and internal control frameworks.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to identify issues, root causes, and propose practical solutions.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to interact with stakeholders at all levels of the organization and facilitate issue remediation.
- Detail-oriented, risk and control mindset with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Proficiency in using audit and data analysis tools.
- Familiarity with relevant regulatory requirements for financial institutions and cryptocurrency exchanges in the EMEA region.
- Ability to work in a global context and coordinate with international teams.
- High level of integrity, professionalism, and ethical behavior.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive total compensation package
- L&D programs and Education subsidy for employees' growth and development
- Various team building programs and company events
- Wellness and meal allowances
- Comprehensive healthcare schemes for employees and dependants
- More that we love to tell you along the process!