Sr. Security Engineer
Who We Are
About the Opportunity
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Security Testing:
- Perform security evaluations on critical services both internal and outward customer facing.
- Work directly with security engineering, development engineering, site reliability engineering, and other cross-functional teams to identify solutions for identified vulnerabilities that mature the coverage of security controls.
- Security By Design:
- Assess development standards for inclusion of robust security principles within the software development lifecycle.
- Help enhance the threat modeling and architecture review program with our developers and Tech Committee.
- Security Control Validation:
- Collaborate with the security compliance team to understand and incorporate relevant compliance standards into system architecture.
- Validate that the security controls are effectively mitigating identified risks.
What We Look For In You:
- Fluency in Mandarin and English
- This role is based in San Jose or San Francisco
- 6+ years of Information Security experience
- Proficient in leading and conducting security testing and vulnerability assessments.
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle and related security techniques.
- Ability to articulate from start to finish what role security should play in ideation and build with development teams.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms and associated security best practices.
- Security Technologies Expertise: Proficiency in a range of security technologies such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, endpoint security solutions, DLP, CASB, etc.
- Knowledge of Security Frameworks and Standards: Understanding of security and compliance standards like ISO 27001, NIST, CIS, GDPR, etc.
- 3+ years of working with compliance standards and applying standards in low-friction ways.
Nice to Haves:
- Passionate about crypto.
- You have experience with security in the financial industry or other highly regulated space.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive total compensation package
- L&D programs and Education subsidy for employees' growth and development
- Various team building programs and company events
- Wellness and meal allowances
- Comprehensive healthcare schemes for employees and dependants
- More that we love to tell you along the process!
OKX is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The salary range for this position is $167,000.00 to $250,000.00. The salary offered depends on a variety of factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and market location. In addition to the salary, a performance bonus and long-term incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, as well as a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Okcoin and OKX internal or external careers site.