Compliance Analyst, AML Investigations
Posted on Thursday, January 4, 2024
Our vision: Crypto will re-shape our money, our financial system, our internet, and our society, and ultimately contribute to every individual's freedom and dignity. Our mission: Take care of our team, promote and advance crypto globally, and empower every individual in the world. OKX is revolutionising world systems through our cutting-edge digital asset exchange, Web3 portal and blockchain ecosystems. We are deeply committed to shaping a fairer, more transparent and accessible society through blockchain technology and to date, we have 50+ million users, 3000+ employees and 180+ countries believing in the same vision as us. We are safe and reliable, backed by our Proof of Reserves. As strong supporters of the Arts and Sports, we are proud partners of @McLarenF1 @ManCity @Tribeca.
About the Team
The Compliance function at OKX is responsible for the overall compliance culture at the company. We’re a team of risk-minded problem solvers who advise the business on the company’s regulatory obligations and enterprise risk.
About the Opportunity:
The successful candidate will have prior AML transaction monitoring and investigations experience in the financial services, FinTech or cryptocurrency industries. You will help detect unusual activity, suspicious/illegal behaviors and patterns, as well as assist in projects focused on preventing and detecting financial crimes. As part of the AML Investigations team, you’ll be be responsible for conducting a variety of tasks such as investigations, conducting enhanced due diligence, preparing narrative information for SAR filings, and participating in ad-hoc projects as needed. You will utilize internal and external investigative resources and apply logical research techniques.
What You'll be Doing:
- Conduct thorough investigations on users' account activities as a result of transaction monitoring alerts.
- Where appropriate, facilitate Requests for Information (RFIs) with cross-functional staff in the investigation of transaction monitoring cases.
- Conduct research using internal and external sources to help determine potentially suspicious activity and disposition of adverse news.
- Make determinations and recommend escalation decisions on cases investigated.
- Create, update and maintain files and records related to all supporting information used during investigation.
- Prepare SAR materials and draft SAR narratives.
- Assist with ad hoc projects incl. QA alert dispositions, validation of the transaction monitoring system or any updates, training, etc..
- 3+ years experience in conducting AML related account activity analysis, due-diligence, and investigations in a financial services institution.
- Strong writing, analytical and communications skills. Must be able to execute tasks within tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively with colleagues across regions and business units.
- Should be a self-starter, organized, detail oriented, and results driven.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English is required.
- Prior experience working in a multi-national or matrix environment.
- Knowledge with AML/CFT/Sanctions, money transmission regulations, and industry best practices.
- Familiarity with commonly used transaction monitoring & reporting tool(s), such as Chainalysis.
- Relevant industry certifications, e.g., CAMS.
- Cryptocurrency experience is a plus.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive total compensation package
- L&D programs and Education subsidy for employees' growth and development
- Various team building programs and company events
- Wellness and meal allowances
- Comprehensive healthcare schemes for employees and dependants
- More that we love to tell you along the process!