Staff Machine Learning Engineer
San Jose, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
Who We Are
OKX is revolutionising world systems through our cutting-edge digital asset exchange, Web3 portal and blockchain ecosystems. We are deeply committed to shaping a fairer, more transparent and accessible society through blockchain technology and to date, we have 50+ million users, 3000+ employees and 180+ countries believing in the same vision as us. We are safe and reliable, backed by our Proof of Reserves. As strong supporters of the Arts and Sports, we are proud partners of @McLarenF1 @ManCity @Tribeca.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Staff Machine Learning Engineer to join our Risk Engineering Team. The ideal candidate will be adept in developing and implementing advanced machine learning models to enhance our capabilities in fraud detection, for example bot detection, credit card chargeback prevention, promotion abuse protection and so on.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Design, develop, and deploy machine learning models to detect and prevent fraudulent activities.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Optimize existing machine learning systems for performance and scalability.
- Collaborate in the architecture and design of data pipelines and infrastructure to support machine learning workflows.
- Conduct research and implement new machine learning techniques and methodologies.
- Mentor junior team members and contribute to knowledge sharing within the team.
What We Look For In You
- At least 5+ years of experience in Machine Learning Engineering.
- Proficiency in Python and familiarity with Java.
- Solid understanding of common machine learning models, including experience with frameworks like LightGBM and XGBoost.
- Experience with SQL and familiarity with common data products such as PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Kafka, and Redis.
- Knowledge of at least one neural network framework, such as TensorFlow.
- Experience in building and maintaining data pipelines.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or a related field.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Nice to Haves
- Experience in fraud detection, specifically in areas like bot detection, credit card chargeback prevention, and promotion abuse protection, is highly desirable.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive total compensation package
- L&D programs and Education subsidy for employees' growth and development
- Various team building programs and company events
The salary range for this position is $196,000 to $280,000. The salary offered depends on a variety of factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and market location. In addition to the salary, a performance bonus and long-term incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, as well as a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via OKX internal or external careers site.
OKX is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.