AML Operations Specialist
OKX is a world-leading digital asset trading platform, providing advanced financial services to traders globally by using blockchain technology.
OKX provides hundreds of token & futures trading pairs to help traders to optimise their strategy. We are also one of the top digital asset trading platforms by trading volume, serving millions of users in over 100 countries. OKX derivatives remains a top-notch venue globally and has a daily volume of approximately $10 billion and is widely recognised as the golden standard in the industry. We believe the blockchain technology will eliminate barriers to transactions, increase the efficiency of transactions across society, and eventually have a significant impact on the global economy. We strive to make innovative achievements that change the world and never stop to improve on our customer experience.
About the Opportunity:
The successful candidate will have prior AML transaction monitoring and investigations experience in the financial services, FinTech or cryptocurrency industries. You will help to detect fraudulent activity, suspicious/illegal behaviors and patterns, as well as assist in projects focused on preventing and detecting financial crime. As part of the AML Investigations team, you’ll be be responsible for conducting a variety of tasks such as alert reviews, investigations, preparing narrative information for SAR filings, conducting enhanced due diligence, and participating in ad-hoc projects as needed. You will utilize internal and external investigative resources and apply logical research techniques.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Conduct daily reviews and triaging of alerts utilizing real-time blockchain analytics monitoring, manual reports or internal/external referrals.
- Review potential matches against various regulatory watchlists and conduct additional research to ascertain validity of matches; escalate potentially suspicious activity to management.
- Conduct regular risk assessments and monitor suspicious transactions to identify potential money laundering activities.
- Where appropriate, facilitate Requests for Information (RFIs) with cross-functional staff in the investigation of transaction monitoring cases.
- Conduct research using internal and external sources to help determine potentially suspicious activity and disposition of adverse news.
- Create, update and maintain files and records related to all supporting information used in mitigating the alerts.
- Work closely with other teams, such as Compliance, Legal, and Risk, to ensure that all AML-related activities are aligned with the company's overall compliance strategy.
- Assist with the validation of the transaction monitoring system or any updates required.
What We Look For in You:
- 2+ years experience in conducting AML related alert reviews, account activity analysis and due-diligence in a financial services institution.
- Strong writing, analytical and communications skills. Must be able to execute tasks within tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively with colleagues across regions and business units.
- Should be a self-starter, organized, detail oriented, and results driven.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English is required.
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience working in a multi-national or matrix environment.
- Knowledge with AML/CFT/Sanctions, money transmission regulations, and industry best practices.
- Familiarity with commonly used transaction monitoring & reporting tool(s), such as Solidus Labs, Chainalysis, or Notabene.
- Relevant industry certifications, e.g. CAMS.
- Cryptocurrency experience is a plus.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive remuneration package (Basic Salary + Shift Allowance + Annual Increment).
- Meal allowance up to RM 500/ month
- Monthly team building
- RM 2,500 Training & Wellness benefits per annum
- Yearly bonus
- Hybrid work arrangements
- Convenient workplace (5 minutes walk from MRT TRX).
- Insurance coverage for employees & dependants
- Excellent prospects for growth and promotion: We provide you with assistance, opportunities for skill development, mentoring, and training programmes to help you succeed.
- Employee engagement, recognition and appreciation program.
- Multinational working environment: Advance your career by interacting with individuals from various backgrounds, cultures, and nations.