Software Engineer (iOS) - Performance Optimization
Founded in 2017, OKX is one of the world’s leading cryptocurrency spot and derivatives exchanges. OKX innovatively adopted blockchain technology to reshape the financial ecosystem by offering some of the most diverse and sophisticated products, solutions, and trading tools on the market. Trusted by more than 20 million users in over 180 regions globally, OKX strives to provide an engaging platform that empowers every individual to explore the world of crypto. In addition to its world-class DeFi exchange, OKX serves its users with OKX Insights, a research arm that is at the cutting edge of the latest trends in the cryptocurrency industry. With its extensive range of crypto products and services and unwavering commitment to innovation, OKX’s vision is a world of financial access backed by blockchain and the power of decentralized finance.
About the team:
As a mobile software engineer, you will build and maintain a core OKX app with millions of daily active users. You will work cross-functionally with design, product and other engineering teams to identify customer needs, and ship high-quality new features through fast iterations. This is an opportunity to learn the full life cycle of crypto mobile applications including pro/retail trading, asset management and wallet.
- Build mobile infrastructure and tools to enhance engineering efficiency
- Analyze and optimize UI and infrastructure application code for better performance
- Develop and maintain reusable iOS app components - Collaborate with product engineering teams to deliver technical solutions and best practices
- Optimize the project structure and workflow to improve engineering productivity, efficiency, and quality
- Drive architecture innovations to support world-class mobile app development
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of industry experience in iOS development
- Experience in building and shipping complex, business critical iOS app products with frequent iteration
- Experience in optimizing App performance, reducing memory footprint and decreasing package size
- Deep understanding of design patterns and principles with a broad knowledge of iOS techstack
- Familiar with Objective-C, Swift , C/C++ and other tools like Xcode and instruments
- Deep understanding of iOS SDK to create scalable, dynamic, and highly performant UI components
- Working knowledge of remote APIs, concurrency, layouts, transitions, animations, client side persistence, and architectural patterns on mobile apps
- Experience working in a complex, matrix organization involving cross-functional and/or cross-business projects
- Experience working in a mobile architecture/infrastructure team with deep understanding of the techstack in these projects
- Experience in sub-engineering areas such as performance optimization, toolchain, automated testing, design pattern, etc.
- Strong communication skills; enjoy working as a team while being comfortable with delivering large business outcomes independently