Senior Software Engineer (Exchange Middle Platform)
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2023
Who We Are
At OKX, we believe our future is reshaped with technology. Founded in 2017, OKX is one of the world’s leading cryptocurrency spot and derivatives exchanges. OKX innovatively adopted blockchain technology to reshape the financial ecosystem by offering some of the most diverse and sophisticated products, solutions, and trading tools on the market. Trusted by more than 20 million users in over 180 regions globally, OKX strives to provide an engaging platform that empowers every individual to explore the world of crypto. In addition to its world-class DeFi exchange, OKX serves its users with OKX Insights, a research arm that is at the cutting edge of the latest trends in the cryptocurrency industry. With its extensive range of crypto products and services, and unwavering commitment to innovation, OKX vision is a world of financial access backed by blockchain and the power of decentralized finance.
We invest in our people as much as we invest in technology. We are united by our engaging culture, here we win as a team, embrace changes, and do the right thing. We are committed to creating a friendly, rewarding and diverse environment for OKers. It doesn’t matter where you come from, here everyone feels valued, respected and has the same opportunities to develop and thrive — we want to bring out the best in you.
About the Opportunity
The Middle Platform team develops the core modules of the exchange, including the matching engine, real-time market data streaming, and market data analysis. It is the backbone of our industry-leading trading product, used by millions of users.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Design and implement innovative solutions for our full range of trading products including spot, future, perpetual swap and options.
- Build out real-time market data gateway.
- Performance optimization for overall trading architecture aiming for low latency, high availability and scalability.
What We Look For In You
- Solid STEM (Science/Technology/Engineering/Mathematics) education background or relevant working experience
- Strong logical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Fluent with high-performance Java, async programming patterns, and network programming.
- Experience working with distributed systems and micro service architecture.
- Experience in practicing automated testing and continuous integration.
- Proficiency in listening and speaking in Chinese, as the role will require cross-regional communication with engineers based in China.
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge and experience with financial services protocols including FIX, SBE, ProtoBuf or similar. Experience utilizing low latency messaging frameworks like Aeron, Chronicle Queue.
- Interest in learning about different aspects of trading products in financial and crypto markets, including spot, future, swap, options, and structured products.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive total compensation package
- L&D programs and Education subsidy for employees' growth and development
- Various team building programs and company events