Senior Compliance Manager, Risk Assessment
Who We Are
About the Team
What You’ll Be Doing
This role will manage the Risk Assessment process, specifically focused on the analysis of the company’s risk of exposure to financial crime. A robust risk assessment (with its constituent components), allows the company to apply appropriate mitigating measures and prioritize the allocation of resources accordingly.
- Leading the development and execution of AML/CFT and Financial Crime risk assessments for the entire group of companies;
- Maintaining a risk and control mapping system to identify and manage Financial Crime risks;
- Conducting regular reviews and updates of the risk assessment standards, policies and procedures to ensure they remain relevant and effective;
- Keeping up-to-date with regulatory requirements related to risk assessments and ensuring that the group complies with these requirements;
- Engage cross-functionally (with groups such as Data, Engineering, Finance, Legal, Product, and Risk) to further a thoughtful strategic and tactical approach to the risk assessment process applicable to all jurisdictions;
- Maintenance of the Annual Risk Assessment schedule and updates;
- Providing training and support to colleagues on topics of risk management, as needed;
- Acting as the primary owner and point of contact for Financial Crime risk assessment matters;
- Preparing and presenting regular reports on risk assessment items to senior management;
- Assist with special projects as needed, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
What We Look For In You
- Bachelor's degree in Law, Business, Finance, or related field.
- Experience in a regulated financial institution, with a focus on AML/CFT risk management
- Experienced writing and developing Financial Crime Risk Assessments,
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services regulation, compliance policies, standards, and procedures
- Strong analytical and research skills, and desire to create documentation and reporting.
- Proven leadership and project management skills to drive and deliver repeatable end-to-end Risk Assessment processes and controls
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to interact and lead discussions comfortably with senior levels of management and regulators
- Proven ability to work within and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, critical thinker and adept at working independently and in a dispersed team environment covering multiple and varied tasks
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with BSA/AML, money transmission and consumer protection regulations, and industry best practices
- Experience and interest in crypto
- CAMS or equivalent certification
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive total compensation package
- L&D programs and Education subsidy for employees' growth and development
- Various team building programs and company events
- Wellness and meal allowances
- Comprehensive healthcare schemes for employees and dependants
- More that we love to tell you along the process!