Senior Product Manager, Trading API
Software Engineering, Product
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2023
Who We Are
At OKX, we believe our future is reshaped with technology. Founded in 2017, OKX is one of the world’s leading cryptocurrency spot and derivatives exchanges. OKX innovatively adopted blockchain technology to reshape the financial ecosystem by offering some of the most diverse and sophisticated products, solutions, and trading tools on the market. Trusted by more than 20 million users in over 180 regions globally, OKX strives to provide an engaging platform that empowers every individual to explore the world of crypto. In addition to its world-class DeFi exchange, OKX serves its users with OKX Insights, a research arm that is at the cutting edge of the latest trends in the cryptocurrency industry. With its extensive range of crypto products and services, and unwavering commitment to innovation, OKX vision is a world of financial access backed by blockchain and the power of decentralized finance.
We invest in our people as much as we invest in technology. We are united by our engaging culture, here we win as a team, embrace changes, and do the right thing. We are committed to creating a friendly, rewarding and diverse environment for OKers. It doesn’t matter where you come from, here everyone feels valued, respected and has the same opportunities to develop and thrive — we want to bring out the best in you.
About The Opportunity:
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager to develop and maintain our core API trading products. This includes managing internal and external stakeholders, developing product iteration plans, establishing and maintaining standards, translating user stories into an API specification, completing competitor analysis, and more.
What We Look For In You:
- Passionate about crypto, blockchain, building businesses, fintech and/or financial markets
- Interested in learning about cryptocurrency and the emerging industry around it.
- Excited about working in a very fast-paced company and industry, able to take initiative, multi-task, prioritize and think creatively on your feet.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Develop program trading API products, including Restful, WebSocket, FIX APIs, etc. Balancing user-friendly design with implementation complexity is a crucial consideration.
- Gather business requirements and API feedback from both internal and external sources, continuously optimizing the API product through effective iterative mechanisms.
- Analyze potential needs of institutional customers and design appropriate platform facilities with API endpoints.
- Study our competitive landscape and industry trends, transforming this information and data into actionable API product iteration plans that align with our actual needs.
- Cultivate and maintain robust relationships with customers and strategic partners, using their feedback to guide product enhancements and future development.
What We Look For In You:
- Demonstrates a robust interest in both the blockchain and finance industries.
- Relevant experience in Product Management and Engineering, ideally related to API trading, such as Quant / Quant Development in banks, asset management firms, or financial vendors.
- Bachelor's / Master's degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Finance.
- Exhibits excellent communication skills and the capacity to work effectively in a cross-functional environment.
- Is proactive and self-driven, with a logical mindset, strong team collaboration skills, and effective communication abilities.
- Fluent in English.
Nice to have:
- Experience in crypto, blockchain, building businesses, fintech and/or financial markets
- Experience in trading financial products, such as stocks, funds, forex, futures, options.