Managing Director, Northeast Asia
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2023
Who We Are
At OKX, we believe the future will be reshaped by technology. Founded in 2017, we are revolutionising world systems through our cutting-edge digital asset exchange, Web3 portal and blockchain ecosystems. We reshape the financial ecosystem by offering some of the most diverse and sophisticated products, solutions, and trading tools on the market. Trusted by more than 50 million users in over 180 countries globally, OKX empowers every individual to explore the world of Web3. With our extensive range of products and services, and unwavering commitment to innovation, OKX envisions a world of financial access backed by blockchain and the power of decentralized finance.
We are innovative in the way we think, work, and in the products we create. We are also socially responsible by actively participating and encouraging employees to take part in various public welfare activities. With more than 3,000 employees around the world, we believe embracing diversity and inclusion will spark the creation of long-term value for the industry. Come Build the Future with Us now!
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a Managing Director of Northeast Asia to oversee all staff, budgets, and operations of the local market. Responsibilities include formulating the overall GTM strategy, managing people and establishing internal and external policies. This role requires close cooperation with other departments in the OKX organization to ensure the successful operation of OKX in the market and accelerate market share growth and customer satisfaction.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Create a strategic market growth strategy, including go to market strategies, BD/partnership programs, and countermeasure plans to achieve overall revenue targets and market share targets
- Align resources, map KPI’s and translate the strategy into a strong executable plan to enable the company to be a market leader and pioneer
- Initiate market entry strategies, including applying for and obtaining the necessary regulatory licenses within the market for the company to be able to launch its full suite of products and services.
- Conduct regular review of market trends and study local/global competitor activities to identify opportunities, and ensure that OKX remains competitive
- Initiate product ideas and ongoing features/benefits tailored for each target segment and ensure new products are launched timely through strong collaboration with other teams
- Build new relationships and contribute to the local community through strategic initiatives that make us a strong part of the digital asset ecosystem in the country
- Work with global teams to implement and execute activities to expand our value proposition for brand awareness and market share gain locally
- Support management team with new market and product opportunities, including developing and signing new relationships with stakeholders in the local market and understanding and working within the framework of new regulatory environments
- Work with the legal, compliance and risk teams to ensure strong governance and local operations are fully compliant with all regulatory requirements
- Develop and coach a high performing team to meet company priorities and build the next generation of leaders within the local market
What We Look For In You
- Experience in a leadership position at a large and growing crypto exchange, fintech or start up.
- 12+ years of senior commercial management and/or consulting experience with significant exposure to crypto, banking, payment companies or start ups
- Possess payment expertise and have an appreciation of digital assets and how these are treated within the market
- Experience working in a heavily regulated and very competitive industry coupled with experience liaising with local regulatory bodies
- Knowledge of the regulatory licensing landscape relevant to e-money, digital asset spot trading, derivatives and margin lending is highly advantageous
- Proven commercial experience in payment services and experience in steering sales teams in order to maximise results and optimise commercial processes
- Strong ability to analyse and challenge data, identifying trends and interpreting findings in order to drive business performance
- Proven leader with a pragmatic approach to engaging talent to perform and deliver results that are aligned to business strategies
- Possess high decision-making skills in ambiguous circumstances
- Willing to challenge the status quo and champion new ideas, acting as a catalyst of change
- Impeccable language skills in local languages and English.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive total compensation package
- L&D programs and Education subsidy for employees' growth and development
- Various team building programs and company events
- Wellness and meal allowances
- Comprehensive healthcare schemes for employees and dependants
- More that we love to tell you along the process!