Legal Counsel, Dispute Resolution
Who We Are
At OKX, we believe the future will be reshaped by technology. Founded in 2017, we are revolutionising world systems through our cutting-edge digital asset exchange, Web3 portal and blockchain ecosystems. We reshape the financial ecosystem by offering some of the most diverse and sophisticated products, solutions, and trading tools on the market. Trusted by more than 50 million users in over 180 countries globally, OKX empowers every individual to explore the world of Web3. With our extensive range of products and services, and unwavering commitment to innovation, OKX envisions a world of financial access backed by blockchain and the power of decentralized finance.
We are innovative in the way we think, work, and in the products we create. We are also socially responsible by actively participating and encouraging employees to take part in various public welfare activities. With more than 3,000 employees around the world, we believe embracing diversity and inclusion will spark the creation of long-term value for the industry. Come Build the Future with Us now!
About the Opportunity
As we expand rapidly globally, we are looking for a highly energetic and motivated middle to senior level legal counsel with strong disputes and regulatory experience to assist with multi-jurisdictional matters in a fast-moving industry.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Provide counsel and support for dispute resolution and prevention, internal investigations, employment matters, risk assessments, liability assessments, and protection of proprietary information and data; taking the lead to manage commercial litigation, arbitration and mediation cases.
- Handle requests from and be a trusted contact for law enforcement and government agencies; provide counsel and support for dispute resolution and prevention; manage external parties, including counterparties, external counsel and experts.
- Assist senior management in conducting legal analyses of matters that arise in relation to the company governance and operations.
- Partner with our risk, compliance and licensing teams to provide ongoing support in monitoring the changes in the legal landscape relevant to cryptocurrency and technology in multiple jurisdictions.
What We Look For In You
- Common law degree holder (LLB/ J.D.)
- Qualified solicitor with 6-10 years PQE
- Trained and qualified in a common law jurisdiction with strong litigation, arbitration and regulatory experience obtained in a reputable international law firm/ organisation
- Commitment to ensuring the team succeeds with all tasks, duties and projects and willingness to help a team member in need
- Sound judgment on business practices, internal and external stakeholder relationship management and reputational risk
- Proficiency in spoken and written English, working-level Mandarin is a definite advantage
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, presentable and with excellent communication skills (both verbally and in writing)
- Ability to approach situations and challenges with a sense of humour
Nice to Haves
- In-house experience at financial institutions and/or tech companies an advantage
- Experience in dealing with crypto matters a definite advantage
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive total compensation package
- L&D programs and Education subsidy for employees' growth and development
- Various team building programs and company events
- Wellness and meal allowances
- Comprehensive healthcare schemes for employees and dependants
- More that we love to tell you along the process!