Legal Counsel, DeFi / Web3
Who We Are
About the Opportunity
As we expand rapidly globally, we are looking for a highly energetic and motivated middle to senior level legal counsel with a proven track record in law firms and/or in-house legal departments. The ideal candidate will possess extensive experience in the Web3 space, digital assets and related legal and regulatory matters. This role offers a unique opportunity to shape the legal landscape of the Web3 space and work closely with our Web3 team on transformative and cutting-edge initiatives. In this role, you must have outstanding core legal skills, including researching and writing, excellent judgment, the ability to assess risk appropriately, and a strong work ethic.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Provide counsel and support to our DeFi / Web3 products and internal stakeholders with respect to existing and new product offerings, marketing and promotion, product roll out and retirement.
- Work directly with various business teams to anticipate legal, compliance and regulatory risks and issues relating to existing and new product offerings.
- Draft, review, and negotiate complex commercial and user agreements.
- Independently develop, draft and manage terms for new products and services, terms and conditions for events, disclaimers and warning notices.
- Partner with our risk, compliance and licensing teams to provide ongoing support in monitoring the changes in the legal and compliance landscape relevant to the DeFi / Web3 space, digital assets and technology in multiple jurisdictions.
- Conduct research on various topics including but not limited to issues in the Web3 space.
- Coordinate cross-functional legal input by working closely with other members in the legal and compliance division.
What We Look For In You
- Law degree holder (LLB/ J.D.) qualified in Hong Kong, the UK or the US
- Qualified lawyer with 5-10 years PQE
- Deep expertise in digital assets, Web3, centralised and decentralised protocols, blockchain and related legal and regulatory matters
- Passionate and curious about building the future of the DeFi / Web3 space
- Business driven and capable to facilitate business by providing solutions
- Commitment to ensuring the team succeeds with all tasks, duties and projects and willingness to help a team member in need
- Sound judgment on business practices, internal and external stakeholder relationship management and reputational risk
- Capable to manage crisis and work in fast-pace environment, able to cope with tight deadlines
- Proficiency in spoken and written English, able to read and write Chinese, working-level Mandarin is an advantage
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, presentable and with excellent drafting and communication skills (both verbally and in writing)
- Ability to approach situations and challenges with a sense of humour
Nice to Haves
- In-house experience at financial institutions and/or tech companies an advantage
- Experience in dealing with crypto matters a definite advantage
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive total compensation package
- L&D programs and Education subsidy for employees' growth and development
- Various team building programs and company events
- Wellness and meal allowances
- Comprehensive healthcare schemes for employees and dependants
- More that we love to tell you along the process!