OKX is a world-leading digital asset trading platform, providing advanced financial services to traders globally by using blockchain technology. OKX provides hundreds of token & futures trading pairs to help traders to optimize their strategy. We are also one of the top digital asset trading platforms by trading volume, serving millions of users in over 100 countries. OKX derivatives remains a top-notch venue globally and has a daily volume of approximately $10 billion and is widely recognized as the golden standard in the industry. We believe the blockchain technology will eliminate barriers to transactions, increase the efficiency of transactions across society, and eventually have a significant impact on the global economy. We strive to make innovative achievements that change the world and never stop to improve on our customer experience.
- Conduct necessary research and background work for requests received by the legal team and compliance team (expected high volume with local TR exchange)
- Support the establishment and maintenance of Legal & Compliance Support Operations in accordance with Law No: 5549 On Prevention Of Laundering Proceeds Of Crime, focusing on compliance with the 5337 Regulation on Precautionary Measures and MASAK Notifications.
- Assist in the onboarding process of individual and corporate accounts, ensuring compliance with identity verification and other customer identification measures as per Law No. 5337. Provide support in overseeing the overall process of corporate account management.
- Assist in the preparation and management of internal control and handling books to ensure compliance with the provisions of Law No. 5549 and the Regulation on Precautionary Measures, contributing to effective control and documentation of relevant processes.
- Support the generation and maintenance of suspicious transaction reports, collaborating with cross-functional teams for effective communication with MASAK. Assist in the management of risk control processes to ensure compliance and mitigate financial risks.
- Assist in managing and preserving documentation processes for corporate user and suspicious transaction reports, ensuring compliance and proper record-keeping in accordance with relevant regulations and internal policies.
- Support in conducting preparatory work for upcoming regulatory audits and proactively contributing to potential licensing requirements, ensuring compliance with applicable regulations and facilitating the smooth implementation of necessary measures.
- Monitor TR MASAK, TRMOI, TRSPK, TRCA, OFAC & FATF lists, Politically Exposed Person (PEP) databases, and Legal Gazette for compliance purposes. Assist in implementing appropriate measures in accordance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Proven experience working in a local Turkish Crypto Exchange under Turkish laws, regulations and requirements.
- Familiarity with Law No: 5549, 5337 Regulation on Precautionary Measures, and relevant compliance requirements.
- Chainalysis KYT (Know Your Transaction) (CKC) and Reactor (CRC) certification
- Experience in regulatory audits conducted by MASAK
- Familiarity with relevant laws, regulations, and industry best practices.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Well-organised, detail-oriented, diplomatic and with excellent communication skills (verbal and in writing)
- Basic knowledge of internal control systems and documentation management.
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Basic understanding of regulatory audit processes and licensing requirements.
- Proficiency in monitoring compliance databases and assisting in the implementation of compliance measures.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.