Business Development, EMEA Lead
The Future is Omnichain.
Founded in 2021, LayerZero’s vision is to create a community of cross-chain developers, building dApps that are no longer constrained by individual blockchain capabilities. With LayerZero's simple, generic messaging protocol, builders will develop cross-chain dApps designed to unify the power of individual blockchains.
We have built and launched the first dApp, Stargate, a fully composable native asset bridge that will allow users to swap one asset to another securely and without additional fees.
We are funded by the best investors in the world including:
a16z, Sequoia, PayPal, Binance Ventures, Coinbase Ventures, Uniswap Labs, Circle Ventures, Delphi Digital, and many more.
ABOUT THE ROLE
EMEA is a region that is quickly adopting digital asset technologies, especially in financial services. We are looking for a business development lead that can be present in the major hubs (Switzerland, UK, France, Germany, UAE, and others) helping integrate LayerZero technology across a variety of industries and use cases.
Our team leaves egos at the door, works hard, has big ambitions, and is passionate about building the infrastructure operability layer of tomorrow. We expect the same from you.
The working environment is fast pace with plenty of ambiguity, change, and odd hours. You have to be okay with that as we continue to grow and mature as an organization.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Regional Strategy Development:
- Develop and execute a robust strategy for market expansion and growth in the EMEA region.
- Identify and assess market opportunities, considering cultural, regulatory, and economic nuances.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to adapt global strategies for regional success.
- Stakeholder Engagement:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including government bodies, industry associations, and strategic partners.
- Represent the company at industry events, conferences, and forums to enhance brand visibility and credibility.
- Leverage relationships with influencers and thought leaders to amplify our presence in the industry.
- Business Development:
- Lead business development efforts, identifying and pursuing new opportunities for growth.
- Collaborate with the BD team to establish and strengthen client relationships, driving revenue generation.
- Negotiate and finalize partnerships, collaborations, and contracts within the region.
- Regulatory Compliance:
- Stay abreast of regulatory developments in the EMEA region related to blockchain and Web3 technologies.
- Collaborate closely with legal and compliance teams to ensure adherence to local regulations.
- Proactively address potential regulatory challenges and contribute to shaping favorable regulatory environments.
- Market Intelligence and Analysis:
- Gather and analyze market intelligence to inform strategic decision-making.
- Monitor competitive landscapes and industry trends, providing insights to internal teams.
- Contribute to the refinement and evolution of our offerings based on regional demands.
- 5-10 years of business development and/or sales experience
- A good understanding of the Web3 industry
- Financial Services experience is a plus
- Presence and/or language fluency in one of the above mentioned hubs is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer
LayerZero Labs is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. LayerZero Labs is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.